Bonjour!

I’ve been reading all day about the red carpet from last night and it just dawned on me to write a post of my own.

So here are my Top 5 WINNERS for the ‘Fashion’ Oscars!

And the Award for Best Fashion Risk-Taker goes to…

Cate Blanchett in Givenchy.

Cate Blanchett in Givenchy. I think about 1% of women could actually pull this dress off. She isn’t just pulling it off. She is making it look like something the other 99% of women want to wear!

The Award for Most Flawless Use of Couture goes to…

Anne Hathaway in Armani Prive

Anne Hathaway in Armani Prive. This dress looks like LIQUID and is an amazing color. it is no small feat to wear something this shiny, form fitting and futuristic and have it look effortless and totally chic, while hosting the Oscars no less!

The Award for Best Use of an Almost-Over-Embellished Dress goes to…

Mila Kunis in Elie Saab

Mila Kunis wearing Elie Saab. This dress defies the sum of its parts. Drapery, Lace, See-through panels, ruffles… it should add up to fashion disaster but instead it adds up to capital ‘G’ Gorgeousness.

The Award for Best Use of Red on the Red Carpet goes to…

Rhea Durham in Naeem Khan (no photos of her solo)

Rhea Durham in Naeem Khan. Seriously, there was a lot of hubbub made over all the red dresses on the red carpet this year but until I stumbled on this photo I wasn’t in love with any of them. I love the contrast of the patterned top with the flowy, effortless skirt. Its a nice way to bring red to the red carpet without going full-tilt RED.

And finally, the Award for Best First Timer on the Red Carpet goes to..

Hailee Steinfeld in Custom Marchesa

Hailee Steinfeld in a custom Marchesa. This girl has been rocking the red carpet pretty consistently and she looked age-appropriate, yet beautiful in this Marchesa that she had a hand in ‘customizing.’ its not every day that you get to dress in a fairy tale gown and if there was ever a time, a girl’s first time at the Oscars is it.

Advertisements