I am currently enjoying a New Zealand brand of chocolate called “Whittakers” as I compile this list of my Top Ten ANTM photos (so far.)
Please note: I have edited this post since its original publish date to include images from the most recent cycle.
10. Cycle 2. Shandi is possibly my favorite contestant EVER on ANTM. Her transformation was so incredible and this picture is her at her peak, before she cheated on her boyfriend and knocked herself out of the competition (mentally and emotionally.
9. Cycle 6 had so many strong contenders for the title. I often think Sara was overlooked in this shoot. The controversy surrounding her ‘copying’ Joanie’s poses overshadowed the fact that her photo is exquisite and in my opinion, outstrips both Joanie and Danielle’s photos by a long shot.8. Cycle 1 Tie. I loved the extreme makeup and the snakes to give this beauty shoot an edge without becoming overly elaborate as in later Cycles. I loved all three of these photos and couldn’t choose one.
7. Cycle 9. Jenah was not one of my favorite contestants, however there is no denying she was the star of this shoot. Her photos stood out as the most unique of the bunch in this shoot which had endless possibilities.
6. Cycle 4. Simply beautiful.5. Cycle 13. This shoot, despite having one of Tyra’s typically unnecessarily elaborate twists was AMAZING. Nearly all of the photos from this shoot were stellar and I had a hard time choosing. The styling is spot on for each of the girls (except Sundai) and I almost hate admitting it, but Tyra is a damn good photographer. 4. Cycle 13. I’ve already gushed about this shoot so I will just say Nicole was my favorite to win this cycle and the first time my favorite to win actually WON since way back in Cycle 1. 3. The shadows shoot in Cycle 14 was by far my favorite of the season. Alex lucked out with the beauty of the particular shadow she got to rock, but she also killed it.
2. Cycle 7. Ok so I know the Hair Wars thing was really out there. And to be honest, I pretty much hate all the other photos from this shoot. But there is just something about this one that is eye-catching in the right way and I think Michelle is totally killing it without even realizing it.1. And my Absolute Favorite Photo Ever In The History Of ANTM is….
Cycle 8, Renee. Now I know that Renee wasn’t everybody’s favorite. Hell, she wasn’t mine either but I must express my opinion on this matter loud and clear. Renee was utterly and completely ROBBED of her chance to compete for the title. I didn’t dislike Natasha or Jaslene, nor do I contest that Jaslene may have still ended up winning even if she was pitted against Renee directly in the Final Two. But seriously, go and re-watch the last 2 episodes with Renee in them. Natasha literally GAVE UP in the Aboriginal photo shoot. I totally understand why Dion was sent home that week, but you’d think the Judges have amnesia or something from week to week. How could they forget so quickly that Natasha essentially SHUT OFF during that week’s photo shoot? Her performance the following week was simply NOT ENOUGH to make up for it. My personal opinion is that by this point in the competition (if not earlier) Tyra knew who she wanted to crown and she didnt want to take any chances pitting Jaslene against Renee directly on the Final Runway Challenge. If you look at the two girl’s porfolios they are neck and neck, possibly with Renee edging out just ahead because her photos were improving vastly each week while Jaslene was getting stuck in one, albeit strong, facial expression. The absolute BULLSHIT excuse that was pulled out of Nigel’s ass that Renee looked OLD was as transparent as glass. Renee.. you should have been allowed to at least compete for the title in the final round and for that I rant. RANT.
I have some honorable mentions for photos that I love but didn’t make my top 10.